San Carlos, CA
As a member of the Customer Support team, you will provide timely support for Bluescape users. This includes answering questions and addressing issues stemming from the deployment and use of Bluescape products.
Bluescape helps companies create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas. Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth.
Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of Bluescape products. This includes the software associated with the Bluescape Service and the hardware that makes up the Bluescape Walls (e.g. – multi-touch monitors, Linux computers, A/V
- Use Linux tools to configure and test the computers used to control Bluescape Walls.
- Test pre-release Bluescape products and provide constructive feedback to product management and engineering.
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, live chat, and on the phone to triage issues with Bluescape products.
- Use sound problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of issues customers are facing.
- Write customer facing documentation (aka, knowledge base articles) that describe how best to use Bluescape products.
- Write internal documentation used by the customer support team to assist with triaging customer issues.
- Use Bluescape’s chosen CRM tools to track customer issues.
- File product issues for engineering review using Bluescape’s problem tracking system.
- Build and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with Bluescape teams, customers, influencers, and dealer partners to drive organizational goals and objectives.
- Take initiative to stay current on products and company strategies to address customer, client, and partner questions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.)
- Two years (or the equivalent) of customer support, service or operations in a mixed technology environment supporting either a SaaS or Enterprise software application.
- Experience working directly with customers, both in-person and on the phone.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent with Linux, Windows, and OS X operating systems.
- Proven understanding of Linux systems administration with a working knowledge of process management, network configuration, shell scripting, logging, computer hardware peripherals, protocols like HTTPS, FTP, SCP, LDAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of computer networks: wired vs wireless, static vs dynamic IP, proxy configurations, firewalls.
- Understand SaaS-based technologies.
- Customer focused and team oriented.
- Excellent written communication skills. The ability to write clear, concise documents and emails that have a logical flow, proper sentence structure and grammar.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and on the phone.
- Good listening skills and the ability to be empathetic toward others.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize work load, and execute tasks effectively in a fast paced environment. Having a bias for action.
- Working knowledge of mobile technology platforms.
- Must be comfortable and able to accurately input data pertaining to tracking and management of customer issues and Bluescape hardware assets that include company issued hardware and hardware sold to customers.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Experience using a CRM system like Salesforce.
- Working knowledge of technologies such as JIRA, Kibana, VMWare, SharePoint, Slack, RingCentral.
- Understanding of IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
- Experience administering SaaS systems like Office 365, Box, RingCentral.
- Experience with administration or operations of gaming or other highly interactive A/V technology.
- Metric and fact oriented.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop