Senior Software Engineer — Frontend
The Senior Software Engineer is a key member of the team and will build new features in the Bluescape web application.
Bluescape helps companies create better. Its visual collaboration software gives teams a virtual workspace to meet, share, and develop ideas. Founded in 2012, Bluescape is a wholly owned subsidiary of Haworth.
Our company culture represents an intermix between passion for technology and rock-star output and an appreciation for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
We are located right in the heart of the peninsula, minutes away from the freeway and restaurants. Our office is beautiful, snacks are plentiful, and innovation is in the air. We’re all entrepreneurs here no matter what your role is, so if you want a hands-on, fast-paced environment to learn and thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
If you want to reimagine the way companies communicate and collaborate, working with cutting-edge technologies and high-caliber professionals, then drop us a line. You will be a key member of the team and should be able to innovate and come up with out-of-the-box solutions, live and breathe building performance web applications.
- Work with the team lead to build new features in the Bluescape web application according to written specifications
- Understand and debug a complex single-page application with rendering
- Collaborate effectively with the QA team and reviews test plans
- Collaborate effectively with the Design and Product teams and understand user requirements
- Be aware of trends in the software industry and identify technologies that are applicable
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years experience building web applications
- Strong software engineering background with a drive to solve complex problems
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, and WebSockets
- Familiarity with React or another modern MVC framework
- Experience using Git for source code version control and Jira for task tracking
- An interest in creating a good user experience and knowledge of what it entails
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, often with changing requirements and priorities, and deliver within tight deadlines
- Has a knowledge of or has built an application using WebGL
- Has worked with CoffeeScript
- Has built a game and knows the concepts of rendering a game
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays plus a 401K
- Work in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office with plenty of snacks, parking, and high energy
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
Bluescape is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Haworth, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.